Re: Toshiba Satellite Pro 4200

Hello
I got satelite pro 4300 then we got simillar laptops.

I been runing linux on it for long time, first was RH
then I swap to potato and now I am using woody.

> 1) I've got a "3Com 10/100 LAN PC Card" PCMCIA NIC in my laptop. I can't
> find any information about Linux drivers on 3Com's (very poor) website.
> Where can I found out whether Linux drivers are available for this product?
I got 3 com 3c589D and is fork fine :) I add this driver to my kernel,
(kernel 2.4.7)

> 2) Ditto for the inbuilt Toshiba 56k modem
in this I assume in your also is soft modem (read crap modem) and I don't
use it, I read that some ppl install and try to use it but finaly they
give up

> 3) Sound drivers - the internal soundcard works well under Win98, and I'd
> rather like it to continue working under Debian...
Yamacha, I been runing sound long time ago and.... today :D
with my kernel is very nice sound :) from CD or MP3 now I am trying to set
up DVD :)

> 4) Dual monitor support - under windoze, I have my mail client / ogg player
> on the laptop's LCD, and do the rest of my work on my monitor. How easy is
> this to replicate under Linux?

hmmm I didn't try to use it, I saw once like someone use TV like a monitor
:> I try to watch for 5 min and then my eyes start crying :> i just give
up

if you need some info go to the web site
http://www.linux-laptop.net/

http://www.jmop.de/linux/linux.html  4300 statelite

http://www.math.jussieu.fr/~mariano/Satellite/ 4280 satelite

see ya