Toshiba Satellite Pro 4200

I'm considering installing Debian on my Toshiba Satellite Pro 4200, as I
only use it for SSHing to Linux servers anyway, and this means I can do more
work away from the office. Before I take the plunge, however, I need some
information.

I've had a poke around, but have been unable to answer the following
questions. Any help (URLs etc.) would be appreciated. I'm not a *nix newbie,
but installing (especially on a laptop) is not something I'm particularly
familiar with.

1) I've got a "3Com 10/100 LAN PC Card" PCMCIA NIC in my laptop. I can't
find any information about Linux drivers on 3Com's (very poor) website.
Where can I found out whether Linux drivers are available for this product?

2) Ditto for the inbuilt Toshiba 56k modem

3) Sound drivers - the internal soundcard works well under Win98, and I'd
rather like it to continue working under Debian...

4) Dual monitor support - under windoze, I have my mail client / ogg player
on the laptop's LCD, and do the rest of my work on my monitor. How easy is
this to replicate under Linux?

Thanks in advance,

Alex
--
Alex Page, IT Department, Solid State Logic
E-Mail: alex.page@solid-state-logic.com

the system manager.

www.mimesweeper.com