Re: Somebody uses U.S. Robotics? 56K* Modem PC Card ?

I use a USR XJ1560 with my Toshiba 2515CDS.  I use the pcmcia-cs for drivers
and PC card services.  I never had a problem in the days before I got DSL.

My mother uses a similar modem in a Toshiba 435CDS, with the same drivers.
There is some nastiness when she suspends while dialed up (the ppp daemon
doesn't go down before the machine does, and then on resume there are two
ppp daemons battling it out and dialup doesn't work).  Of course, that probably
has nothing to do with the modem itself.

Dhruva