Re: Irda Problem

Wolfgang

Thanks for writing to me .......

> Did you configure /etc/irda.conf correctly?

No, cd'd to /etc and had a look.  I can see the irda directory but
not irda.conf.  So, do I just do 'mkdir irda.conf ' as root ?
Contents of /etc/irda are ....  drivers .....  network .....
network.opts.

What do the contents of irda.conf look like ?  Do you have any
examples ?

> Did you create /dev/ircomm0 (on my laptop it wasnt created
> automatically and so i was looking for the solution for quite a
> while :-) )

AH !! ..... <falls over edge of cliff face> - So, that's what I have
to do ?  No one bothered to explain that to me at all.  I'm so used
my SuSE system doing it for me.  Do I just do 'mkdir /dev/ircomm0 '
to create it ?

>    Does the user have write permissions on /dev/ircomm0?

Haven't got there yet.

> HTH

Thank you very much :))

--