From: "Mark Janssen" <maniac@maniac.nl>
To: "Franz Keferb?ck" <franz.keferboeck@gmx.at>
Cc: <>
Sent: Thursday, July 26, 2001 2:40 PM
Subject: Re: SiS900 Ethernet Problems

> On Wed, Jul 25, 2001 at 02:03:14PM +0200, Franz Keferb?ck wrote:
> > XAIPETE!
> >
> > I have an IPC Top H Notebook with the "famous" SiS chipset which is in
several new laptops (gericom, ipc, ...). I had no problems installing Debian
on it, but since I updated to woody i have a big problem with my SiS900
network device! The hardware is found by the kernel without any problem, but
when the System "Configures the network devices" the whole boot-process
stops for about a minute and the kernel says "Media Link Off". Then
everything goes on as it should - but ONE minute delay on a laptop is a very
long time (its being booted and halted several times a day!).