Re: sony vaio laptop sound

I've got a Sony PCG-F630 (one of their short-lived AMD K6-3 550mhz
machines) that uses an ESS Maestro3 soundcard that works just fine under
Linux and Alsa (as of 0.5.10 and better I believe).  If you need more
information I've setup a little webpage here:

http://www.gashalot.com/linux-pcgf630.php

If you need sample configs, I'll be more than happy to tar them up and
post them to the web somewhere for you to download.  Just a word of
warning, if you're using APM watchout as it has a tendency to hardlock
my machine (leading to nasty fsck's).

-R

--
Robert Gash - CS Major    \ gashalot@gashalot.com -=- gte393u@prism