Re: mounting a multiple cd-rom archive over nfs

Matt, 2001-Jul-20 18:33 +0000:
> hi, i would like to install debian on a laptop that has no
> cd-rom drive.  i am able to install the base system from my
> desktop over nfs(running debian), and i could install more
> packages if they were all on one cd. is there a way to
> mount a multiple cd-rom archive? thanks, matt

   Why don't you do a network installation?  Get the 6 disk
   images from the debian site (rescue, root, drivers1-4) and
   this will configure your network interface.  Assuming you have
   internet access, you can then install the base system and any
   packages of the internet.

   jc

--

Jeff Coppock		Nortel Networks