sound and networking on IBM ThinkPad 600

Hi folks!

* It seems so, that the problem with the PCMCIA-network-card is fixed now. I edited the /etc/pcmcia/network.opts and entered the values that I entered before in my normal config.-files for networking. The automatic loading and unloading of the modules is working whenever i insert or remove my card. Very Interesting! I don't knew before, that I have to edit especially this file. Thanks! But I don't had the chance to test it in a network yet, cause a crossover cable is missing.

* The sound is still drown in silence. I tried the OSS-driver for my crystal soundchip in the kernel. If I configure it as "build-in", not as a module, I'm able to change a few options for IRQ and stuff like that. But I made no changes, cause I don't know, how to figure out the used and unused irq's. So I build my 2.2.17 with these options and rebooted. But the sound isn't working. I think there is an irq-conflict or something like that. The following messages were printed in the log-files:

"interrupt test failed (irq11)"

"Sound: DMA (output) timed out - IRQ/DRQ config error?"      (this message appears also at start of esd)
--> this one 4 times

I don't know what to do now. Do I have to change the irq for the crystal in my kernel config and rebuild my kernel? Or is there another way out of the silence. (without alsa)

Thanks a lot!!!

Bernard
Sie surfen im Internet statt im Meer? Selbst schuld!
Auf zum Strand: http://lastminute.de/?PP=1-0-100-105-1