[config] sound board

    hello everybody  :)

  I would like to configure correctly the sound on my computer.
This is the description (User's Manual of my laptop) :

. controller : ESS1879
               (proprietary driver), PnP, 16-bit stereo,
               full-duplex 16-bit ADC, 3 DACs for audio,
               music synthesis and I²S zoom-video max. record & playback
               up to 44Khz stereo (WAVE audio) 20-voice FM music
               (ESFM(tm) technology)
. wavetable : ESS692
. compatibility : Sound Blaster Pro(tm) 3.01, 16-bit FM,
                  MU401(UART mode), MS Windows Sound System(tm)

  honestly, I do not understand a lot  :(
As the board is Sound Blaster compatible, I have tried the sb module.
But it does not work : I got an irq conflict problem.
So, I pull the module off.
It seems I must use Alsa.
Any idea ?

    thanks,