Re: [laptop] Wireless Networking

"Martin F. Krafft" <madduck@madduck.net> writes:

> me too, but somehow i can't get the access point and the card to
> communicate. if i configure the access point with password "alan," and
> i configure the wvlan_cs driver too, i get no connection. what access
> point do you have?

SMC 2652W.  I can't configure the access point with a password,
because I don't think I could set up the card that way.  Or something.
I have it set up with 5 2-digit hex pairs, and set the key in
network.opts that way.  For example:

HOME,*,*,00:02:2D:*)
    RATE="auto"
    KEY="6c616e610a"
    ;;

and then entered those pairs in the AP.  (Key changed to protect the
innocent.)

Support your local Search and Rescue unit -- get lost.