Re: batch browsing

On Thu, Jul 05, 2001 at 09:44:59PM -0600, Dave Thayer wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 04, 2001 at 12:12:34PM -0700, Tony Godshall wrote:
> > [ksieben]
> > > I woud use wget:
> > > wget -r -k -H -l X -nc http://google-search-results
> > > wher X is the level you like to (travers?) the links
> >
> > Yeah, that works for the first go, but how to get the
> > subsequent pages (just the ones that are interesting)?
>
> Sounds like what you want is sitescooper. Check it out at
> http://www.sitscooper.org . It's in unstable as sitescooper and
> sitescooper-data.

Sitescooper is *great* but it's for when you want to read
the same sites over and over.  I use it to snarf slashdot
etc to my Handspring Visor.  But you have to handcraft a
config file for each site.

Now I want something a step beyond it.  Something that will
let me read a page and *tag* sites to be downloaded at
next connect.  Something that will let me enter a google
queery when I think about it and get the results later.
And for that I'm willing to carry an actual laptop with
an actual hard drive.

Anyways, thanks all, it looks like wwwofled will do the job;
I will try to get it configured right this weekend.

--
Tony