Re: Hybernate for Sony Vaio PCG-F680K

On 05 Jul 2001 20:43:57 +0300, Dmitry Astapov said:
>  >> Anybody knows if its possible to make Sony Vaio PCG-F680K to hybernate?
>   FG> I have a Vaio F560 and I can hibernate/suspend just fine. My kernel
>   FG> special partition but you need a spcial save2dsk.bin file. If you kept
>   FG> a windows partition around it should be just fine.
>   FG> $ ll /mnt/win98/save2dsk.bin -r-xr-xr-x 1 root root 275255296 Aug 14
>   FG> 2000 /mnt/win98/save2dsk.bin*
>  Well, my notebook doesnt have this file (though i keep win partition
>  untouched - as i came from factory) neither it react to Fn key presses :(((

Just to add a bit more noise... my PCG-F540 still has a
drastically reduced Windows partition, but no such file (and the
Windows partition doesn't even get regularly mounted). The
machine, however, does respond to Fn-Esc by going to sleep...
but when it wakes up things are quite a mess. Sound doesn't work
anymore, the X mouse is radically screwed (it works, but tends
to disappear in mid-air)...

	Federico Heinz