Re: Hybernate for Sony Vaio PCG-F680K

On 5 Jul 2001, Dmitry Astapov wrote:

> Anybody knows if its possible to make Sony Vaio PCG-F680K to hybernate?
> Do I have to set up special partition or it is not possible to do at all?

   I have a Vaio F560 and I can hibernate/suspend just fine. My kernel
config is identical/similar to that of Theodore Knab. You don't need a
special partition but you need a spcial save2dsk.bin file. If you kept a
windows partition around it should be just fine.

$ ll /mnt/win98/save2dsk.bin
-r-xr-xr-x    1 root     root     275255296 Aug 14  2000 /mnt/win98/save2dsk.bin*

   To hibernate/suspend just press the Fn+Esc/F12 combinations. Suspend
is the mode I prefer. The laptop can stay on suspend for pretty long
(>>1day) without power and when you restart it (hit any key) it restarts
in 5-10 seconds.

--
Francois Gouget         fgouget@free.fr        http://fgouget.free.fr/
 "Only wimps use tape backup: _real_ men just upload their important stuff on