Re: Resume fails on Tosh-4080XCDT

On Thu, Jul 05, 2001 at 02:38:52PM +0200, Achim Steinmetz wrote:
> It works for me perfectly well on other machines and in addition I had
> the same trouble with this machine when I was using kernel 2.2.x (up
> to .19) where APM support was not available as a module. I still stick
> to my thoughts that there is something specific to this machine/model.

One thing you might try is to do a
	cardctl eject
before your
	apm -s
On my Toshiba 460CDT if I don't do this, I get a screen that says "BIOS damaged, call your
repairman" when I try to resume (fortunately a hard reset is enough to fix the problem).
If that works for you, set up apmd scripts to automatically do this when you suspend.

me