Re: Hybernate for Sony Vaio PCG-F680K

It is my understanding that hibernation functionality is specific to Windoze
2000 (i.e., it is provided at the OS level).

It would be useful to have this functionality in Linux as well, not only for
laptops, but also for desktop machines that weren't desgined for this sort of
thing (e.g., the system can hibernate when the UPS senses that power has been
lost).

Does anyone know of any efforts underway to provide this in Linux?

Dhruva