Re: [OT] windows networking issue

hi,

90% of my networking problems have been due to faulty cables. Some had the
wrong sets of pairs twisted together, so that work fine at 10Mbs but not at
100Mbs - never let a software engineer make cables up :) So check/swap
cables round to test them.

Also I would try forcing the windoze pc to 10Mbs half duplex rather than
auto-negiotate.

If all else fails try the nic in a debian box and/or convert your fiancee to
using debian.

My latest problem network at work was a laptop's built in NIC - it wasn't
auto detected but seemed to install okay, but it just wouldn't work connect
to anything, after two days I realised that the NIC module hadn't been
installed but the external connectors had - doh

Neil