Re: PCMCIA Flash Card Problem

thomas wrote:

> I have a 64MB flash memory card with a pcmcia adapter.
>
> As far as I know those things use ide/ata interface.
> It worked this way on my old Laptop with a potato frozen
> release. I could mount it with something like
> "mount -t msdos /dev/hde1 /flash".
>
> Something changed in the meanwhile with potato r3
> instead ide_cs some memory_cs and sram modules
> get loaded.  Is this correct and if so how do I access the card now?
> A mount on /dev/mem0 fails of course (no valid block device).
>
> My overall feeling is that the card is not recocnized correctly.
> Does anybody have or had a similar problem ?

I have seen a similar problem, but it was when I built a 2.4.x kernel with pcmcia
support.  I now have 2.4.4 working fine with my PCMCIA doohickey after I disabled
pcmcia in the kernel and built it as a separate package (a la 2.2.x style).

Cheers,
					Andrew.
           Andrew McMillan, e-mail: Andrew@catalyst.net.nz
Catalyst IT Ltd, PO Box 10-225, Level 22, 105 The Terrace, Wellington
Me: +64(27)246-7091, Fax:+64(4)499-5596, Office: +64(4)499-2267xtn709