Re: installing on laptop ... success!

I am installing as I write this...  I managed to get it to boot with the
CD-ROM drive by copying the boot disks, the .boot directory, and the install
directory to the hard drive and then booting into DOS, then cd'ing into the
directory I copied all this stuff into and running boot.bat, which runs
loadlin.exe. It found my CD-ROM drive just fine, as well as my PCMCIA
controller AND my PCMCIA NIC. Since I downloaded the ISO image and burned it
to a CD-R from http://kde.debian.net , I took a chance and had dbootstrap
scan that disk as well as the three official Debian disks, and not only is
it installing the latest packages from the Web, it is also installing KDE as
well! And this is potato! Great!

I gotta admit, that the Debian installer is ugly (compared to Corel's,
Caldera's, and others I have used), but it sure gets the job done. I think I
am gonna be a Debian user from now on, now that I know how to get it on my
machines! Took three days, but we're rockin' now....

Good luck to everyone else...

MBN