Re: installing on laptop

"M. T. Burek, Ph.D." <michaelb@buyingbrain.com> writes:

> Do I need to just install as full of a base package as I can through
> floppy, then compile a new kernel, new PCMCIA card services, PCMCIA
> driver modules, then try it again?

Ways I might try it (in order of preference):

* Borrow a different PCMCIA NIC.

* Install a base system, swap floppy for CD, finish installing enough
  to get network.

* Install base system, put pcmcia debs on floppies or CD-RW (split up,
  if necessary), install.  (It shouldn't be necessary to compile a new
  kernel.)

* Modify install floppies to have the right driver.

He who laughs last thinks slowest