Re: Hostname (Translating what he wrote)

> Ok, I will translate what he said for everybody (since I have no idea how
> to solve his problem):
>
> > Ciao a tutti,
> > sono un autodidatta è ho una versione 2.2.19 quando faccio partire X con
> > startx mi dà hostname: Host name lookup failure
> > come si configura l'host?
> > Ha qualche cosa a che fare con fetchmail che non parte.
>
> <translation>
> Hi [...] I have a (kernel) version 2.2.19 and when I start X with "startx"
> it gives me (this error) "hostname: Host name lookup failure"

I have seen this before.  He should add an entry to /etc/hosts with his
own real IP address, and his own system name, eg.

	192.168.129.23	venus.starshine.org

> How do I configure my host?
> Has this anything to do with fetchmail unable to run?
> </translation>

Without messages from fetchmail I couldn't be sure (and have no idea what
fetchmail's problem actually is), but no, probably not.

> Well, I have no idea what kind of error it could be, so if anyone knows, I
> could
> translate the answer for him if needed.
>
> <---- Giacomo --- giacomo@i-side.com --- ICQ: 2314012 ---->
> Ubi Linux, minor cessat.