tp 600x suspend to disk question

hi, i was wondering if someone could tell me what would happen if...

i run a dual boot tp 600x...  i got the hard disk blank, setup a small win partition, then setup debian on the rest.  i've gotten around to wanting to use the 'suspend to disk' feature, and i understand that the file will be created on the FAT partition.  if i use the win ibm software to create a 'suspend to disk' file, where will it go?  will it indeed be setup on the existing fat partition, or will it try and put it at the end of the disk, screwing up one of my ext2 partitions?

any info or pointers to web info would be great, thanks...
nathanp.