Re: XFree4 on Dell i8000

hi,

i had a similar problem on my laptop with a trident cyber 9525. the problem was that X didnt allocate the right amount of memory, it was 2589MB and X said i only had 2048MB. so, defining the right amount of memory in the "Device" section saved my day ;-)
when you think about, this makes perfect good sense, cuz i think that a part of the memory is constantly overwritten, and if you need interlaced modelines, you'll get a split screen.... i could be wrong about this, i was just thinking out loudly ;-)

hope this helped you,

johnny

--
               |  johnny morano    | linux geek      |