Re: putting sound on irq 5

On Thu, 19 Apr 2001, p wrote:

> laptop debs,
>
> regarding my sony picturebook, how do i put the sound
> controller on irq 5.  currently, it's on irq 9 and will
> not happily coexist with usb.

for us non-sony kinda guys and gals what is the soundcard?  Have you
compiled it as a module or into the kernel.  Are you using ALSA or the OSS
drivers? etc etc.

I found that with my sound card lots of nasty things happened if it
wasn't on IRQ 9, boy did I try to change it.  However to change it you can
either pass some commands to the kernel (via the append command in
lilo.conf) or if its a modules pass some parameters to the module as it
loads, usually irq=5 or something.

please.....more info before you post, its like saying "I have a laptop and
wish to install linux on it".  All we can do is point you to the general
linux laptop website, which any good boy/girl would of done in the first
place.

enough of my ranting :)

Alex