Re: X problems on inspiron 8000

Luke - -

It could be a your gpm program which is supposed to enable your mouse in
a console. When I had gpm running on my laptop my mouse wouldn't function
in X.
(Dell I7k, potato) I moved the gpm file from my /etc/init.d to my /root
directory (just to get it out of the init.d boot process, and it worked)
Worth a try anyway...

Andy

On 12/31/00, 9:11:36 AM, Luke Shulenburger <sluke@bartender.mit.edu> wrote
regarding X problems on inspiron 8000: