Re: BUG?! no pcmcia ethernet on battery power

On Thu, Feb 03, 2000 at 09:26:47PM +0100, Florian Lohoff wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 02, 2000 at 02:07:53PM -0800, Drew Parsons wrote:
> > If I run my laptop (Toshiba 490CDT) on battery power, then when I insert my ethernet card
> > (Xircom REM56G Ethernet/modem combo, I'm not using the modem at the moment), it is
> > routinely misrecognised as a memory card, and insertion consequently fails.
>
> I had luck "suspending" and "resuming" the card - After that it worked
> fine - I switched from pcmcia 3.0.14 in Debian Slink i think to pcmcia-cs
> 3.1 (selfmade) which solved the problem.

How do you mean exactly?  Do mean executing the commands 'cardctl suspend',
'cardctl resume' by hand?  My card will work if I restart
pcmcia-cs by hand, but I'm trying to find a solution which handles
reinsertion automatically.

Fortunately changing my BIOS settings for PCCard support helps solve the
problem.

Thanks,

Drew