PCMCIA questions

G'Day !

If you have a PC Card modem and NIC card, and they only get used occasionally,
what process do you want to start at boot from your /etc/init.d directory.
I would like to have loopback, so it seems Networking should be started, but
will that interfere when I plug in my NIC card ?  I think it would be logical
not to start PPP till you insert your modem, but I remember using a program
called dummy to fake the compter into thinking your link was always up.

Any suggestions/comments, the HOWTO is not very clear ?

cheers,
Jim Parker

Sailboat racing is not a matter of life and death ....  It is far more important
than that !!!