Re: Macros in Windowmaker

On Thu, Sep 28, 2000 at 10:00:44PM +0100, Patrick Cherry wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I realise that this is a touch off topic, but the keyboard on my laptop
> (an acer travelmate 521te) has several extra functions (accessible by
> pushing the `Fn' button + F1 to F8), some of which generate keycodes under
> X.  Is there any way to assign macros to these keys under WindowMaker,
> or perhaps another (cooler?) WM.
>
> Also there are several launch keys that under windows load things like
> IE and Outlook... again, any way to harness these keys to generate
> keycodes without serious kernel hacking?

if you have the window maker preference utility installed, you should be able
to set up different key bindings with that. i haven't tried it on a laptop,
yet, but i do have a "happy hacker" keyboard which means the function keys
operate through the same logic you are using. this works fine with wmaker.

if you don't have the preference utility, you can also simply edit the
configuration files, but i've simply used the utility - so i haven't actually
tried the editing route.

HTH

serge

Sergio J. Rey
Editor, International Regional Science Review
Associate Professor
Department of Geography, San Diego State University
San Diego, CA 92182
Phone 619.594.8029  Fax 619.594.4938
http://typhoon.sdsu.edu/rey.html

Did you check the IGNOREME file?  - anonymous