latin2 keys in X on toshiba satellite

Hi!

I have just installed my first debian nad have found on my dissapointment, that latin2 keys do not work in X. I have copied my xmodmap from my old setup - from suse linux 6.2 and 6.4, where it worked without problems, but in debian I can't type the scaron, ccaron and zcaron latin2 keys. I can see them though (cat file or vim file displays them correctly). Has anyone else had any problems with the keyboard in X?

I am running debian 2.2 potato.

THX in advance!

Bostjan
--
	 Boštjan Müller [NEONATUS] # ICQ #:7506644, RSA id: 0x90178DBD
    neonatus@gimp.thz.net    # For my PGP key finger: neonatus@gimp.thz.net