Re: Don't use swap partition for hibernation! (was Re: laptop experiences...)

On 25 Sep 2000, <mc@hack.org> wrote:

[...]

> I think we're talking about different things. I was talking about
> making the kernel very aware of the whole hibernation thing and
> tidying up everything in VM before actually going into
> hibernation. This, however, would most likely mean that one would have
> to have as much swap as physical memory and can't use more VM than
> available swap space at the time of hibernation. (This is not unlike
> VM under old SunOS, IIRC.)

<http://falcon.sch.bme.hu/~seasons/linux/swsusp.html>

If you have time to clean up the patches and make it good with current
kernels, there are many people here who would love you heaps. :)

        Daniel

PS: It's not my work, so I can't answer questions about it. :)

--
When you steal from one author, it's plagiarism;
if you steal from many, it's research.