Re: X-Fonts too big

On Sun, 24 Sep 2000, <andreas@lbwa.de> wrote:

> I've just installed potato on my Sharp PC 9090 notebook. I used to run
> slink with no problem, but in potato the fonts in Xwindows are
> displayed far too big. I first noticed it when I started Communicator
> and the text beneath the icons (back, reload etc) was much bigger than
> it used to be. The same effect in gfcc and Acrobat Reader. They are
> far too big compared to the fonts in the window titles, so it's not a
> case of "just choose a smaller font if you don't like it".
>
> Has anybody got a clue? I'm running Xfree 3.3.6 with an S3-Xserver.

Check the X font path. You may have the 100DPI fonts in the search path
before the 75DPI ones. Alternately, you may not actually have the 75DPI
ones installed...

        Daniel

--
Television is the first truly democratic culture - the first culture
available to everybody and entirely governed by what the people want.