Re: laptop experiences...

On 23 Sep 2000, Ries van Twisk wrote:
> I run a Satellite 2100CDS
> No infrared but I did manage to get USB running and used a webcam.
> I'm not sure if the modem is working.
> Also X works fast (currently using staroffice) one down side is when I
> move a window mij screen start to flikker a bit.. It's just there but I
> don't mind. It does not iritate me.
> Alsi I use the PCMCIA port to connect to my home lan and on my work.
>
> Ries
>

> --

I have Debian running on a Toshiba Satellite 4000CDT (now superseded I
think). No real problems; it does 800x600 happily in text terminals and
X. However I haven't made a serious attempt to get sound working (don't
need it). I also use an external modem so I haven't done anything about
PMCIA support.

The Toshiba works as my desktop computer most of the time, with an
external keyboard and monitor, but I go abroad for several weeks each
year and it accompanies me as a laptop. Mostly I run it on mains so I
can't say much about battery life.

--
Anthony Campbell - running Linux Debian 2.2 (Windows-free zone)
Book Reviews: http://www.cix.co.uk/~acampbell/bookreviews/

"Palo y tente tieso." (Spanish proverb)
Free translation: "Holdfast is your only dog."