Re: [novalug]

On Fri, 22 Sep 2000, Qadir Abdus-Sabur, Ph.D. wrote:

> Thank for the help. I didn't know that Winmodems were not supported in
> Linux.

some are, and some aren't... IBM StinkPad users can sometimes benefit and
get the internal Lucent winmodem to work by using the binary-only Lucent
kernel module (http://www.linmodems.org)... i know this module works, and
have used it with great success on an IBM 390X StinkPad...

there is also a kernel module for the PcTel winmodem that is reputed to
work...

www.thinknic.com's New Internet Computer uses the driver for its PcTel
winmodem (this is the $199 Linux 2.2.15 Internet computer)...