Acer Travelmate 512T (was: LinModems)

Andreas Tscharner wrote:

> That's not the point. I don't know why I should waste a PCMCIA - Slot for a
> modem if I already have one...

Well, a PC Card works. The Lucent WinModem thingy doesn't.
Simple.

I've got an Acer TravelMate 512T, so I've got the same problem. BTW: Is
here anyone else with the same laptop? I'd like to know if there are
common pitfalls, e.g. relating to dual- booting Win98. I thought about
installing Linux a year ago and remember hearing something about the
hibernation feature in Win98 destroying a Linux partition and/or
crashing if fips was used to shrink the Win98 one? Unfortunately
it looks like I have to use fips, because Acer was only bundling
a System Recovery CD not a full Win98 CD. Yes, this is my only
Windows 9x system :-)

Cheers,
Nils
--