Re: LinModems

Hi Tobias,

> Nevertheless the kernel-module 'ltmodem.o' provided by Lucent did (and
> does!)
> work without problems. You should take a look at
>
> http://www.linmodems.org/
>
> if you have not done so already.

Well, I did look at that but I had problems loading the module.  First
it complains that I have the wrong kernel version, but thats fixed by
`insmod -f'.  Then it complains that the device or resource is busy.
I ran the `ltinst' script and that set up ttyS14, and I put `insmod -f
ltmodem' into my /etc/init.d/bootmisc.sh script.  The major and minor
numbers of ttyS14 are 62 and 78 respectively.  I don't know if this
helps. Do you have any ideas?

Thanks

Patrick
--