Re: Good window manager for laptop

A particularily light window manager is FLWM (Fast and Light WM) which
is included with Debian as of 2.2/Potato.  Check it out at
flwm.sourceforge.net.  I currently have two desktops running and the
memory footprint is 750 kb.  I am a BIG fan of FLWM and here are a
couple of reasons:

o lightweight and uses very few colors (duh)
o window title bars are on the left side of the window (not the top)
  which means you can use EVERY PIXEL in the verticle direction
o The window decorations include maximize-verticle maximize-horizontal
  buttons (as opposed CTL-SHFT-Click-Maximize or something)
o Menus and submenus of applications are very easy to setup and do not
  require root privliges.
o Supports multiple desktops (Ctl-Tab between them or via mouse/popup menu)
o Many keyboard shortcuts
o The source is very short so it's easy to tweek.  (it's based on the
  FLTK -- Fast and Light Tool kit)
o of course, it's GPLed