PCMCIA modules - custom kernel - unresolved symbols

Can anyone help me?

I get unresolved symbols in these modules:

epic_cb.o and parport_cs.o

in /lib/modules/2.2.17/pcmcia/

when I compile a custom kernel. I have tried to compile the PCMCIA modules
as well (not using the pcmcia-modules package) but that doesn't help. I've
tried with both make-kpkg and by hand. The standard modules.conf (the one
that comes with potato) says something about
/lib/modules/2.2.17/net/epic100.o. This file isn't in my new "net" modules
catalog. Copying it from the old modules folder and updating modules.conf
doesn't help (if I do it right :). I'm not even sure if this is the
correct way to do it.

I run potato on a dell inspiron 3800 with a xircom card. It works fine
with the standard kernel-image and modules.

Thanks.

(Sorry if i didn't supply enough information this is my first posting.)