Re: Good window manager for laptop

On Sun, Sep 17, 2000 at 02:16:43PM -0400, Harry Henry Gebel wrote:
> I have a Pentium 90 laptop with 16MB of memory running Mandrake Linux and
> XFCE. I am planning on putting Debian on this laptop, and since I don't
> have any permanent data stored on it I will just completely erase the hard
> drive and start from scratch. With XFCE I get alot of swapping to disk
> running X, so as long as I'm starting from scratch I was wondering if
> anyone can recommend a really lean window manager. I realize that with 16MB
> I'm going to end up using swap no matter what, but I figure the less the
> better.

You might also check out IceWm which is packaged in Debian.  It is
reasonbly light weight, although probably not as light as some others
mentioned.  It allows theming and has a reasonbly easy method of
configuration.  You can check it out at http://icewm.sourceforge.net

- Nate >>

--
 Wireless | Amateur Radio Station N0NB          | "None can love freedom
 Internet | n0nb@networksplus.net               | heartily, but good