Installing onto laptop from desktop

I have just upgraded my desktop to Debian Linux from Mandrake Linux. I did
the installation by downloading base2_2.tgz and installing that, then
downloading the rest of the packages I needed with apt-get and dselect over
a 28.8kbps connection (the fastest I have available to me because I am
located many miles from a telephone company central office). Now I have 600
packages in /var/cache/apt/archives, and I would like to use base2_2.gz and
these packages to install Debian on my laptop. I notice that apt gets
numerous files that tell it where to go to get things; how do I make a set
of these files pointing to my /var/cache/apt/archives, so I can point apt
on my laptop to the package set on my desktop? (My laptop only has access to
my home network not the internet.)

--
Harry Henry Gebel, Senior Developer, Landon House SBS        ICQ# 76308382
West Dover Hundred, Delaware