alsa sound on vaio (neomagic 256qv) chipset / ymfpci

I have put debian 2.2 on my sony vaio F180, this laptop uses a Neomagic
256AV chipset, this is an integrated sound and graphic adapter.

I had no problem configuring the graphics adapter as now x and helixgnome is
running smoothly.

but i have some problems with the sound, i installed from source the alsa
0.58b drivers, because i read on several sites that the Yamaha ymfpci driver
works with this card.

in my kernel (2.2.17) i have soundsupport selected but no sound card
selected as was in the howto of alsa ...

but when i try to load the drive with modprobe snd-card-ymfpci

then i get some errors

/lib/modules/2.2.17/misc/snd-card-ymfpci.o: init_module: Device or resource
busy
Hint: this error can be caused by incorrect module parameters, including
invalid IO or IRQ parameters
insmod failed ...

so i get when i do a 'cat /proc/asound/cards'
--- no soundcards ---

but that has to be, as i found on a website with someone with another vaio
with the same chipset ...
0 [card1          ]: YMFPCI - Yamaha DS-XG PCI (YMF744)
                     Yamaha DS-XG PCI (YMF744) at 0xfecf0000, irq 9

now what do i do ? do i need to set the IO and IRQ ? as in the hint, but how
do i do that ? this is a pci device ... so pnp has nothing to do with it i
think ?

thanks in advance

bruno