RE: pcmcia config script

hi,

many other projects expect the kernel sources in /usr/src/linux - so if
you compile e.g. pcmcia or alsa you definitely need the link (or need to
call the folder "linux" which is not too good because then you never know
which version you have there, at least not at the first sight.

christoph

> This and later message from someone else say to create a symbolic link
> to kernel-source-<version>.  Why? AFAIK, it is unnecessary.  (Or, I am
> blissfully ignorant of something.)  If the below were modified by
> removing the "ln -s" line and changing the "cd linux" to "cd
> kernel-source-<version>" it would all work just as well.  No chance of
> having a link point at the wrong place, either.

Christoph Hebeisen                                        Graduate Student
Department of Physics                                           cth@sfu.ca
Simon Fraser University
Burnaby, BC V5A 1S6                                  Phone +1 604 291-5924
Canada                                               Fax   +1 604 291-3592