Re: pcmcia config script

debs,

i appreciate all advice/hints given.  unfortunately,  <air plonk>...still no
pcmcia modem </air plonk>.  after recompling the kernel and card services, i get
a boot but nothing for my modem, which was very "happy" from a potato install,
but cannot be recognized after the custom kernel process.

i was really hoping this would work.  (it took me 6 months to configure a box to
get on the internet.  and since then, 11/99, i still have no "sound"--not that
live for it, but it's nice to have sometimes.)  w/o a custom kernel, i'll never
get there.  but if i customize the kernel, i'll lose the modem, assuming i
re-install potato.  (if i can't have a box that can go on the internet, i've
basically got a pen w/o ink.)

there's gotta be better way for laptops.   until then, i get to relish a
learning curve that's definitely skewed to the left.

thx.

later,

bentley taylor.

//