Re: troubles with gtk-config and apt recognition of PCMCIA cdrom

On Sat, Sep 09, 2000 at 05:04:26PM -0500, Jeffrey Brownson wrote:
 What can I do to
> get gtk to compile, in order to get the gtk-config file, which in
> turn is ultimately needed to compile Ggradebook 0.91?

Install the -dev packages, as Hubert already said.

> Additionally, by my own fault messing around, my dselect setup for
> apt no longer recognizes that I have a cdrom by PCMCIA connection,
> even when the rest of the system recognizes it as mounted. What
> instructions can I enter to restablish the apt cdrom recognition
> (only finds URL, ftp, and file)?

Would running apt-cdrom help apt find your cdrom?
(I think "apt-cdrom add" might be the command to use).

Drew

--
PGP public key available at http://dparsons.webjump.com/drewskey.txt
Fingerprint: A110 EAE1 D7D2 8076 5FE0  EC0A B6CE 7041 6412 4E4A