Re: Libretto and Debian

On Thu, 7 Sep 2000, Heather wrote:

> > On 07-Sep-2000 Terence Gorender wrote:
> > > Hey has anyone put Debian on a Toshiba Libretto 100ct?
> > >
> > > Is there a archive of this list I could search?
> >
> > installing on the libretto is possible, but difficult due to everything being
> > pcmcia.  Best approach is to use the OS curently on it to download the
> > installation, then install from the hard drive.

If you have a PCMCIA nework card it is also possible to put the necessary
modules (plus two or three other PCMCIA related files as far as I
remember) on a Debian boot disk, start up the standard installation
procedure, and spawn a shell from the installation menu.
Then you can load the PCMCIA modules by hand and have your network
connection. You can even backup your existing DOS partition over the net.

I did so with a Debian 2.1 on my Libretto 100ct. I can try to reconstruct
the exact procedure if you are interested.