Re: Sony Vaio N505* vs Toshiba Portege 34*

I'm running Debian on an N505VE, and everything is going fine
so far. I did an ftp install because the cd's I had were for slink.
I did need to grab X 3.3.6 to get X working (the debian ftp gave
me 3.3.2 which doesn't really work). I bought a D-Link
modem/ethernet card which works great. I'm still working on
sound (actually I've only tried to configure it for potato once,
I haven't put that much effort in yet. It worked fine with slink.).
There are a bunch of good sites for help. I found www.914fan.net/vaio
the most helpful.