Re: Suspend and X

On Wed, 7 Jun 2000, Lee Bradshaw wrote:

> Does anyone know how to grab Fn-F1 (Setup Menu) or Fn-F3 (Battery
> status) that switch back to text mode? They also crash if you hit
> those keys from X, but are fine from a text console.

As far as I know there is no way for any OS to detect the Fn
keypress.  This is because the key is linked to the BIOS.  This can be
shown by running 'showkey'.  by pressing various keys your notice keycodes
being displayed.  However by pressing the Fn button nothing happens.

Well this is all true for my laptop and one or two others I've played
with.

Alex

--
**       ((__))  Alexander "Jim diGriz" "Hubenko" Clouter