Re: Mouse doesn't work right in X

On Tue, 4 Apr 2000, Morgan Terry wrote:

> I have potato installed on my laptop, with X (version 3.3.6, i think),
> and have everything set up for my display, but when I start X & move my
> mouse, the cursor goes right to the bottom of the screen (well, off the
> screen, actually) and apparently it thinks i'm clicking the mouse
> buttons too since the WindowMaker menus pop up.  I can't get the cursor
> to work normally.  It just stays off the screen.  I can move side to
> side, but that doesn't really help much :-)  Any help would be greatly
> appreciated.  Thanks

It's hard to help you out with no knowledge of what laptop or what mouse
you have; however, it sounds like you're using an ikncorrect protocol. I
can't recall the proper method for detecting mouse hardware under X, but
gpmconfig out of X should give you a pretty good idcea of what you're up
against.

Ben