Re: Problems with pcmcia on potato (on Dell Latitude)

And I wimped out: rather than solve the problem I got a new ethernet card
and installed slink off of CD.  I'm happy now -- typing this on the very
same laptop running slink, in fact.

--Eric House

> FYI, I had exactly the same problem.
>
> Eric House <fixin@peak.org> writes:
> | First, a bit more information.  The error message I'm getting from the
> | installer is that it can't find /lib/modules/2.2.13.  And sure enough,
> | if I fire up a second VC and look there's no directory by that name.
> | There *is* a /target/lib/modules/2.2.13, and I managed to make a bit
> | more progress by creating a symlink for the missing directory.  But
> | the fact that the installer is looking for files that don't exist
> | suggests that something pretty basic is wrong.

* From the desktop of: Eric House, fixin@peak.org                            *
*     Check out Crosswords for PalmOS: <http://www.peak.org/~fixin/xwords>   *
*          "The instructions said 'Win98 or better' -- so I installed Linux" *