Re: Can't use dselect to read CD after compiling kernel 2.2.13

On Tue, 25 Jan 2000, jvicente@banelco.com.ar wrote:
>I have an ATAPI CD on my Thinkpad 390E, and after compiling the kernel
>2.2.13 it doesn't work under dselect.
>
>I have tried to compile it as a module and built-into the kernel, but I
>have no success.
>
>The problem is only with dselect, because I can mount my distro CDs and can
>read them perfectly...

I haven't had any CD problems with 2.2.13 or 2.2.14 on my Thinkpad 600E.

Try running strace on dselect and see what exactly fails.  If you don't
understand the strace output then mail it to me privately (it'll probably be
too big to put on the list).

--
Confucius wrote: To be fond of knowledge is better than simply acquiring
it, and to take delight in it is far better than simply being fond of it.