Re: Shutdown causes time loss on a Toshiba Tecra 8000

On 20 Jan 2000, David Rocher wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 19, 2000 at 11:08:30PM +0000, Chris Waters wrote:
> > Some people have mentioned that they needed to pass "apm=on" to the
> > kernel at boot time to enable kernel apm support.  If you (or your
>
> This is for kernels build from Debian kernel-source packages whose have
> a patch to compile APM support and have it enable/disable at runtime
> (cf Herbert Xu in this list before).
> The pristime kernel source don't have the apm parameter trick unless
> that have been added now (I haven't check the source).
>
> David.

I always compile the kernel from source; there doesn't seem to be any
need to use "apm=on" with this.

Anthony

--
Anthony Campbell - running Linux Debian 2.1 (Windows-free zone)
Book Reviews: http://www.pentelikon.freeserve.co.uk/bookreviews/

"It's no go the Yogi Man, it's no go Blavatsky"  - Louis MacNeice