Re: Shutting down PCMCIA services: modulesds: Device or resource busy

On Wed, Jan 19, 2000 at 09:47:45PM +0100, BjЖrn Torkelsson wrote:
> Drew Parsons <dfparsons@ucdavis.edu> writes:
>
> [snip]
>
> > Do others have this problem too?  Does it mean I haven't got
> > recover-from-suspend set up completely correctly?  What do I need to do to
> > avoid rebooting the computer when pcmcia hangs like this?
>
> Have you tried to do an 'ifconfig eth0 down' before stopping pcmcia? I
> have to do that when switching 'scheme' on the fly for some time.
>
> /torkel

I haven't tried that.  Looking further at /etc/apm/event.d/pcmcia, it has
a line like that commented out, so maybe the thing to do it is activate it.
That file also mentions setting the value of $APM in /etc/pcmcia/apm.opts,
which hadn't been done, so I'll try that first and see if I still get those
irritating "device busy" errors.

thanks for your idea

Drew